Home Page

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF SPARKFORD PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY 5th December  2016 AT 8.00 PM
IN SPARKFORD PARISH HALL

Present:
Mr L Piper -  Chairman
Mr R Bell
Mrs A Roylance
Mr D Nurse,

Mr T Tuck
Mr K Davis
Mr P Downton

In attendance: Mrs L Davis
Mr M Lewis County and District Councillor, Camelot Ward
Also present:  1 member of the public

After a short opportunity for members of the public to address the Council, the Chairman opened the meeting at 8.12 pm

1 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE      None

2 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST    None

3 APPROVAL OF LAST MONTH’S (7 NOVEMBER 2016) MINUTES
The Minutes of the 7 November 2016 meeting were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and accurate record of that meeting.

4 CRIME/NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH     Nothing reported

5 COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLOR
ML reported that the planning application opposite the Old Coal Yard has been put forward for approval subject to a condition for a footpath to be constructed prior to the development commencing.
Somerset County Council have agreed to invest 104 million in infrastructure in 2017-18. They currently have a 16 million shortfall in their budgets but they are anticipating the budget to balance at year end.

6 HIGHWAYS     Nothing reported

7 PLANNING DECISIONS     None

8 PLANNING APPLICATIONS     None

9 MATTERS ARISING NOT INCLUDED IN OTHER SECTIONS
a)
Surface Water and Foul Drainage issues Further issues were reported to Wessex Water and the Environment Agency following the recent heavy rainfall. Paul Wheatley at SSDC has attempted to contact Wessex Water to arrange a site meeting but has receive no response to date. It was agreed to ask Wessex Water to attend the next Parish Council meeting.
ML suggested that a representative of the Parish Council attend the Area East Committee meeting on 7 December to raise the issue.

10 FINANCIAL MATTERS
a)
Payment of 258.30 to Mrs L Davis (Parish Clerk salary). Approved

11 CORRESPONDENCE
SSDC Streetscene will be offering a Christmas tree shredding facility in parishes. KD proposed and RB seconded that we should suggest that a compound is located in the village hall car park for local residents to use.
SSDC Streetscene have asked if the local community would like to be involved in the Great British Spring Clean in March 2017. The information has been circulated to the Group Scout leader as it may be something that they are interested in being involved with.

12 QUESTIONS/COMMENTS FROM COUNCILLORS
TT raised concerns about the proposal to implement three weekly waste collection from October 2017. It was agreed that TT would draft an e-mail with comments/queries to be sent to the Somerset Waste Board.
TT asked if there is scope for SSDC to assist with the cutting of overgrown hedges along footpaths. It was agreed to request a meeting with Chris Cooper to discuss further.

RB attended a meeting with Network Rail with regard to the railway crossing on 5 December. The crossing is still classed as very low risk although it was suggested that the next step would be to replace the gravel crossing with a wooden crossing to reduce the time taken to cross. Comment was made that they were not consulted on the planning application at Haynes so they would follow this up with Planning as they would have objected on safety grounds. It was agreed to contact SSDC with regard to the possible allocation of S106 contributions for the Haynes development towards improvement of the railway crossing.

KD has spoken to McDonalds. They were not aware of the issues and have agreed to write in response to the concerns. It was agreed to invite them to attend the next Parish Council meeting.
TT requested that ongoing issues are included as matters arising as a reminder. It was agreed that there would be a quarterly review of ongoing issues unless there was an update on a particular issue.
AR asked if there was an expectation for the Parish Council to respond to the survey about the Village Agent. It was agreed to invite the Village Agent to attend the next Parish Council meeting.
TT suggested that a reminder is sent to those groups who request a donation from the Parish Council each year.
TT asked if a reminder could be sent to SCC about the installation of a stile in the Village Hall car park.

13 ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDA

14 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 9 January 2017, Sparkford Parish Hall.   There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.07pm

Home Page
Previous Minutes